FerrariChat.com update - Month 1 Poll | Page 2 | FerrariChat

FerrariChat.com update - Month 1 Poll

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Oct 10, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Thoughts about the FerrariChat update - Month 1?

Poll closed Oct 14, 2017.
  1. Do Not Like - FerrariChat was better before and not acceptable.

32.0%
  2. Do Not Like - Acceptable especially with optional Old or Blue styles.

18.5%
  3. Indifferent - Positive & negatives about equal.

17.4%
  4. Like - Growing on me, more positives than negatives.

23.6%
  5. Like - Major improvements.

8.4%
  1. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Am I ?
    Hmmmm......how long will my exalted status stay up there ?
    Remember being single, and having NO adult supervision is how I got a Ferrari in the garage ;)

2. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    i was critic at first but, i must admit, the new format is growing on me

3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

4. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Completely acclimated. Don't miss the old version at all.

When the last few bugs get ironed out, it'll be PERFECT!!

No BS.

D

5. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    I know Rob mentioned elsewhere that he changed the number of posts/page to 25 to try something. I hope it goes back to 50 (and preferably 100) soon- it's such a PITA to only have 25 posts/page...

6. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    I've been using the Old style format. Things work a little different, like editing, posting images, etc. But over all It's basically the same. The problem is lack of content.

7. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Then add some :D

After all, all you are doing is nursing that toe ;) (Inside joke)

8. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I am ok with the new forum most of my initial concerns have been resolved.....I was pretty concerned at first as this is the ONLY forum I spend time on
    in fact it is the first place I look for just about anything....
    I use the blue old style ..and all is fine now

9. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I was used to the old vBulletin but now I've acclimated. I like the alerts and the ability to like posts instead of having to write things like "+1". I've gotten used to the changes but I like the old style the best. Overall I think the changes are for the positive.

Dave rocks likes this.
  10. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    Dave rocks likes this.
  11. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    Although I am growing more accepting / resigned to the new format, I struggle in some places.

- My primary browsing behavior on pages listing thread topics is to scan for new posts quickly and frequently. Because the new format requires more space per topic, fewer topics are displayed on-screen. I miss the higher density of the old format. The first page is now dominated by the top banners and sticky posts. (For example, there are 7 sticky topics on the 308/328 thread taking most of the space.)

- I like that the sticky threads are more clearly identifiable than they were in the old format. I just don’t like how much space they now take away from more recent posts.

- Within a thread, I used to sort posts in reverse chronological order. I liked this because I could see first where a thread has gone and then read in more detail if I wanted to catch up. The new format does not appear to allow this.

- I return to posts several times (i.e. reread stuff). In reverse chronological order, I could click and be served the newest post, which is usually closest to my point of interest. I like that the new format opens to my oldest unread post, but I don’t like that once I have read the new posts, the new format then opens to the original first post on the subsequent visits to the thread. I would prefer to jump to the most recent post of the thread.

- To me, the new “old format” is more conducive to reading post themselves than the new format. In the new “old format”, information about the poster is on the left side and the posts themselves are on the right. In this format, it is much easier to scan the posts because one doesn’t have to sort information about poster from the posts themselves. There is so much drivel written in forums (any forum) it is important to be able to scan over it painlessly. Who posts is secondary to what they posted, although often of interest after the post is read.

- I love that quoted posts are compressed, too may people click “quote” on long posts; the compression solves this problem.

12. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Tolerating 'old style' but still to find any 'advantage' in the 'upgrade'... more bugs seem to be popping up?
    And still hate the empty space...

13. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Me too. The only bit I miss was where I could double click the left icon on the Forum list page to mark that section read. Not missing anything else really about vBulletin. I use the 'Dark' skin and rather like it.

14. Robert P

Robert P Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2014
    London
    Really getting used to it now, and like it a lot.

As others have said, it can't be easy dealing with everyone's different opinions, and it seems to me that you have always responded promptly and constructively.

rob lay likes this.
  15. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    I'm getting more or less used to the new lay-out, but there's one thing I cannot find at all: 'my started threads' .... Nowhere to be found unless I'm really missing something here

16. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    You can do advanced search like old forum. Also under your profile you can view all your postings. To my knowledge not a single My Started threads option.

17. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I think about all the bugs have been found, but certainly still a few minor ones to be resolved.

18. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I hate sticky threads myself, I remove them and then users think their threads should be sticky and mods put it back, I have almost given up trying to control individual forums. If I remove a sticky thread I will get 20 complaints asking where it went. For most threads they will be more active if not sticky, users learn to just skip/scan over the sticky threads at top.

19. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Not a big fan of the new style. I have not posted or visited as much since the change.

20. stevenwk

stevenwk F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2007
    Metro Detroit
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Like old version much better.

KKSBA likes this.
  21. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I went to reply from tapatalk but it said I wasn't authorized despite being logged in. So there's that. I can't stand that I have to log in constantly with Firefox, but I do because I prefer to use Firefox and live with it. I loved and miss my oversized avatar of me in my 612 leading out the field at the 2015 National meet, but now all I see is the corsa 360 that was behind me so I have to edit my avatar I guess. The like button is nice, but that's the only positive thing I have to say about the change.

22. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    Getting comfortable with the update. I do keep it set on the old look though...Avatar quality is only thing that bugs me a bit....

23. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    The red forum icons are way too bright, hard for the eyes to adjust and track content

I like lots of colors but they need to be correct shade

Total fail on the designer here :)

24. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I like the old format and use the old format option here even though it's not quite the same. I just wish I could turn it red like before...

25. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    Is it possible to put them on a "Hide Stickies / Show Stickies" toggle?

Another helpful addition might be ensuring that, when using search, any vaguely related sticky threads are listed first on the search results.