who is Reza Mokhtarian? | Page 110 | FerrariChat

who is Reza Mokhtarian?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by rob lay, Apr 29, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

should all mention of Reza/OceanSky/Capital Trust Markets be removed?

1. yes - good guy, remove all content

2. no - users have right to post at own liability

3. thank goodness for spring!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Farooq B. Martinez-Cohen

Oct 5, 2016
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Farooq Martinez
    #2726 Farooq B. Martinez-Cohen, Mar 28, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    As if Reza's massive drawdown (-1600 pips on current open trades as of 28 March 2017 23:45 GMT| see darkfast myfxbook (unconfirmed)) on the Kaizen PMS autotrader aren't enough to deter you from joining or continuing your membership in Kaizen / Kaizen Global. The Nova Scotia Securities Commission has issued an investor alert dated 23 March 2017:

Perhaps we should begin a letter writing campaign to all US state Attorney Generals, the relevant Canadian provincial authorities and finance ministries of all 200 or so countries.

2. Crayzee1

Crayzee1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    Good to see he is in the system.

3. KKSBA

KKSBA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    SBarbara-La Jolla CA
    Full Name:
    KKSBA
    Kind of miss "Tom Stanton" channeling Dr. Seuss :D

4. Farooq B. Martinez-Cohen

Oct 5, 2016
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Farooq Martinez
    I recently saw a single, publicly shared post on Facebook where the author (Rodney) made the following statement on 31 March 2017:

Remember, the back office is completely designed by Reza, not a third-party. This is could be a serious matter.

The best way to protect yourself is to immediately send an e-mail to Kaizen support requesting cancellation and to provide a confirmation e-mail.

If that does not work (give 48-72 business hours), I would suggest contacting their payment processor which according to multiple posts is ProPay. E-mail and state that the merchant is unresponsive to requests to cancel membership.

If there are problems with Kaizen and Propay (example: they go back and forth over who is responsible for this), then the next step would be to contact your credit card issuer and inform them of the problem and request to "freeze" the card. I have seen reports from Mentor Tips customers of repeated attempts to re-bill the card despite cancellation requests.

This will only work with credit cards, debit cards are a pain when dealing with this (so... good luck with that, guy). Ultimately, with credit cards most people have simply cut up their cards and changed their numbers.

OK, so as for the massive losses and blown accounts: Unless Reza and his minions solicited you to use a specific broker, the broker you used has ZERO RESPONSIBILITY for your loss. The only way to potentially stop others from experiencing the same problem is to complain to your country's or province's securities regulator.

In your complaint state:
    For US Citizens only: Complaint to the CFTC and Federal Trade Commission. Use the above script!

The next step for us is through ProPay. According to ProPay, the company is a registered ISO (Independent Sales Organization) of Wells Fargo (a United States bank). Perhaps an e-mail to their compliance and legal teams would be of use.

Remember, keep screen shots and save all messages!

Everybody else, visit Forex Peace Army and be sure to follow Robert Halterman on Facebook. Share the feed!

5. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    A perfect marriage, Wells Fargo and Reza, both crooked.

6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Users that said Reza was a good guy! :D

3604u 3rcr Arjunl Bones2U Cooper DavidJames1 DukeR3 Emanferrari25 Fave ferraripete ffeverd finklefied guvy17 Hitch HMS Inv3stor iTossedASalad marioz Melvok MilkTube mohammadsen nickmb OceanSky PinoyP R33SKY RaveBledsnow rmolke85 RSquared63 Support Rez! ThatAussieGuy TheIrishman tmzayed Tony David zackdillabough

Ha, Fave and ferraripete.

7. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

And, of course, he voted for himself. How many of these user Id's have OceanSky's IP??

D

8. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt

Who doesn't like screwing with internet polls.

I'd tick you were a good guy to Rob.

9. kiesan

kiesan Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kie Robertson
    This post from the other Reza thread 5 years ago is a headscratcher just like the list above. As far as I can tell the poster is still a very active and respected fchat member. He never retracted what he said so perhaps he knows something about Reza that we don't.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/other-off-topic-forum/378107-you-all-know-oceansky.html#post141652360

10. Crayzee1

Crayzee1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    What a good thread! I was not a member when it first started, but I was here for the second go round. I'd been ripped off by a similar character about 10-12 years ago. A friend of very CLOSE friend. The guy promised the world. He'd get a few guys in, paid them quick returns so they would sell it to their friends. Then screw every one. He sold investments in promoting concerts, straight to video movies, etc. Super nice guy, lived the life. Houston area guy.

I learned the lesson the hard way. My conman never got popped. His promissory notes, 'instruments' as he loved to call them, amounted to legal theft. Give him x amount, he'll return x + % in 90 days, if not, x + % + % when he can, if ever. If you sue the deal is off. I trusted him, because I had a friend get double in 60 days. I'd trust my life with my friend, still will. I made the decision to give it a shot. Lesson learned.

I've come to the realization the good con men are sociopaths, at least on the spectrum. Lie after lie and zero empathy.

Seriously, he called me back in early 2015, apologizing for failing to pay me back. His reasoning was the markets collapsed, times were tough, he tried to get straight but pissed off investors made it hard from him to raise new capital and get square.

When he called me in 2015 he assured me he never filed for bankruptcy because he still intends to pay me back. In fact, he was currently cooking up a major deal with Chinese movie producers worth about $7 million a year. He only needs $75,000, plus he'd pay me back what he owed PLUS interest, in 3 weeks time. What he needed from me, besides $75k or $50k or even $5k would work, was for me to sign some documents saying he'd paid me back. Apparently the Chinese movie producers heard he owed a few people some old debt. They wanted it cleared up, or the deal couldn't happen.

Why did he really call me back? Because he had heard I bought a Ferrari in summer of 2014. Which was almost true, but I lost my job the DAY before I was to sign the docs and pick it up. (SO CLOSE!!!) Instead I decided to go back to school with my Ferrari money. I guess he was figuring I recovered from his theft and maybe I was still an idiot?

I know he knew about the car, because after he apologized for not touching base with me in the last 5 years, he told me he was going to pay me back in 3 weeks. Then he said how's the car? I said, "My corolla?" He said, "no the Ferrari." I explained the situation with a grin. I KNEW what was about to ask. He then hit me up with the new deal, the need to sign the documents and if I wanted in on the movie deal... just wire him some money. Screw the 430 I didn't buy, in 3 weeks, I'd get a nice slightly used 458 with my return!

Incredible the audacity of these guys. I believe that HE believes every thing he says. There is probably some truth in what he says. I know of a few associates (former) of his, and they do some movie crap, oil deals, and concert type thing. Goes back to the beginning, he baits some people with good returns, then casts a big net to catch the suckers. (ME) He burns bridges but makes enough happen to give him some legitimacy.

The guys on here that defended OceanSky would most likely have had no clue, at least not back then. I can empathize with their initial associate with him. When I first meet my conman, he was a great guy. Even invited me to spend NYE's with his friends in Houston. I went, was pretty impressed by the time I had. Nice town-home with a 4th story rooftop patio, 270 degree panoramic view of the Houston skyline. I guess maybe a mile or two at best from center downtown? What's 3500 sqft town home cost in Houston, 2005-2006? I dunno, but it was pretty nice place for a 30 year old. All his friends and associates were great people, and spoke very highly of him. I'd say it was about a year later he wanted to let me in on a little deal.... what a damn sucker!

I learned two lessons from all of this. One- if it's too good to be true. It is. In fact it is normally the worse case scenario you could imagine. Two- unless I personally know every single detail of a deal, and know for a fact the past returns happened, than it's not true.

11. URAS

URAS Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2014
    Canada
    Full Name:
    vince
    Just getting caught up on this thread. Was busy training for the Olympics, and than Oprah needed my advise on a marketing matter, and than that guy Trump called me to help him sort out the Middle East issue. There are only so many hours in a day .... had to put my foot down and say no to Ramsey when he wanted to fly over to meet me to copy my world famous award winning seafood penne. Sorry but I just don't have time for sand particles
    under my shoes.

12. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
  13. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    blah, everyone has a price...name it, I'm all in

14. fastfriver

fastfriver Rookie

Aug 29, 2014
    Has anyone wondered how with Reza being buddy buddy with the brokers.. he can alert them ahead of time when he is going to tank the accounts... they switch everyone into B book mode, and split profits?

Just saying its not like it has not been done before..

15. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    I don't think this has been posted here yet. Apparently the tool is writing a book....

https://patch.com/illinois/parkridge/reza-mokhtarian-speaks-five-point-plan-freedom-success

haha.. ""As your organization definitely picks up force," says Reza Mokhtarian, "never gloat of it. Seem frail when you are solid, and solid when you are powerless."

Uhhh...

He also has other places where he posted the same article.
    https://www.startupgrind.com/blog/reza-mokhtarians-five-point-plan-to-freedom-and-success/

16. Farooq B. Martinez-Cohen

Oct 5, 2016
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Farooq Martinez
    #2741 Farooq B. Martinez-Cohen, May 31, 2017
    Last edited: May 31, 2017

I've noticed it. Reza has been blasting this self-promotion drivel all over the internet in the past month or so.

What is funny at this pathetic attempt for legitimacy, if you look at the details of the Patch website entry - it is from Park Ridge, Illinois and is self-submitted " This post is contributed by a community member. The views expressed in this post are the author's"

Why Park Ridge, Illinois? Reza Mokhtarian lives in TORONTO, Canada! AND by any indication by following his (now-formerly publicly shared) Facebook and other social media outlets since early 2016, Reza Mokhtarian appears to never leave the Greater Toronto Area basically anywhere that does not have a 416 or 905 area code.

For a self-proclaimed multi-millionaire, self-described successful CEO who works with other businesses, why isn't Reza Mokhtarian featured in any Canadian, provincial or GTA (Greater Toronto Area) business or news publication OTHER than his alleged-kidnapping and his criminal fraud charge? So - Why Park Ridge, Illinois? I had to look it up, it is outside of Chicago (a place, where I bet that Reza has never been to).

For a self-proclaimed multi-millionaire, why doesn't Reza travel outside of the Greater Toronto Area? Niagara Falls is a quick ride away and is a nice day trip, Montreal, Ottawa are lovely this time of year as is cottage country. I have never seen a picture of the guy on an airplane (private or commercial).

Why does Reza use vehicles as the ONLY thing to show off his purported lifestyle??

BTW, What happened to Kaizen / Kaizen Global?

So - it appears (based on a lack of Facebook posts) that most of Reza's flock has distanced themselves from him or outright quit that. There is a small segment based in the United Kingdom and in the southern United States (but there is essentially NO social media activity).

Reza's Facebook profile has been either deactivated or all posts have been set to a setting other than public. Mokhtarian's Twitter account has no activity since the middle of May 2017.

It appears that the new Kaizen / Kaizen Global Market Maker auto-trader with so-called algorithms that only Reza has, trades eerily similar to the last one that supposedly blew up, (see Reza's myfxbook - nearly all trades are closed at 10 pips per trade that lasted over the course of many hours and in some cases DAYS). .

What's going on?

17. Eccentric M

Eccentric M Karting

Sep 27, 2009
    CAN
    I saw OceanSly's car at the Yorkville Exotic Car Show today, idk why the organizers are letting a fraud like him gain exposure and legitmacy...

18. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    How can they stop him?

19. Eccentric M

Eccentric M Karting

Sep 27, 2009
    CAN
    They could reject his application for putting his car on display? *shrug*

20. Farooq B. Martinez-Cohen

Oct 5, 2016
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Farooq Martinez
    So - According to multiple Facebook posts this guy is planning to either re-launch his Kaizen nonsense or launch a new forex MLM company. Sad.

21. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    People still get suckered for MLM? Shades of Amway...

22. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Lol! Just when you thought this thread had died....

23. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    How does anyone fall for this kind of thing?
    Has anybody ever made money through one of these smooth talking magic-men?

24. Bike

Bike Rookie

Jun 21, 2015
    Any update? I hope this idiot gets some time behind bars.