F430 HP/Torque Curve? | FerrariChat

F430 HP/Torque Curve?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Moopz, Sep 10, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    I saw a thread in another subforum about power curves and it got me thinking... I don't recall seeing the HP/Torque curves for a stock F430. Does anyone have a copy?

2. Trent

Trent Formula 3

Dec 10, 2003
    Indialantic, FL
    Full Name:
    Trent
    #2 Trent, Sep 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Thanks!! I've always thought that torque seemed strong from 3K onwards and this reconfirms it. Probably the biggest difference between the 360 and 430.

4. MikeR397

MikeR397 Formula 3

May 9, 2010
    SE Michigan
    How does the CS's torque curve compare to the F430? It's got 25 extra hp than the 360 but is that all top end still? The lower weight should improve responsiveness though.

5. SfefVan

SfefVan Guest

Nov 28, 2008
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Stef
    You can compare this with my dyno detailed results I posted on the 'Capristo headers only' thread.

6. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    From the numbers I have seen, the torque numbers do not change between the CS and the stock 360. Max is 275 lb*ft at 4750 RPM (Wikipedia)

7. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    When I dyno'd my 360 a few years ago my 360's torque output on the day eclipsed all others. The range of results was quite surprising from a quite poor 250ft.lbs up to 287ft.lbs of torque for one of the CS's.

On that day it was quite hot too (summer) and I remember I only had a Timate titanium race exhaust fitted along with CS afm's, cs engine maps and cs cf air box covers. I actually dyno'd @ 305.4 ft.pounds of torque with 317 hp (the highest 360 torque figure that day, eclipsing all other 360's including 3 CS's) and surprising a heck of a lot of 360 owners on what's possible.

The CS cars always had quite a bit more umph on the dyno than the quoted 'book' figures, many are about 30-40hp up in the real world. Whether this is to do with age/efficiency is another matter but quite a few 360's where really down on power.

My dyno figure was on standard cats and headers, air filters, the lot and since then I'd done a lot of subtle upgrades which have made the car significantly faster. A tip is that fuel pressure is one of those things that's certainly worth experimenting with if you go custom maps, even better larger injectors :)

FYI the stock Bosch Fuel injectors and stock fuel pressure become a limiting factor pretty quickly blocking attempts to get beyond 430hp-440hp... you simply cannot flow enough fuel quick enough!

Bosch quoted Injector Flow rate is 26.9 lbs/hr (283cc/min) @ Static Fuel Pressure of 43.5 psi (but that is @ 3.0 bar). On the 360 the Injector Flow rate is more like 29.5 lbs/hr (310cc/min) @ Static Fuel Pressure of 52.2 psi (3.6 bar). This is because Ferrari run the dual fuel pumps at 3.6 bar vs a typical 3.0 bar on other manufacturers cars.

I'll have to dyno again soon. One other observation was that a battery reset seemed to dramatically improve power again on the lower power 360's (between back to back dyno's). Whether that was because of use of poor octane fuel or detected/stored parameters of old bits like spark plugs, coil packs, etc. remains to be fully explained.

tifosi101 likes this.