Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Model Specific Discussions > 288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari

Share/Bookmark LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2012, 05:37 AM
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Erik
Quote:
Originally Posted by modena View Post
Didn't see this one coming

How exactly do you think the P4/5 has influenced this new design? Be specific.
If you can't see P4/5 cues in some of this you are in need of a vision check. The teardrop engine cover is the most obvious at this point but I think there will be more similarities when we see the whole thing. Jim should be proud - the Enzo was awkward looking and hopefully its replacement won't be thanks in part to his efforts.

>8^)
ER
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 12-14-2012, 05:38 AM
F1 Rookie
Banned User

Full Name: John
Does anyone else think Ferrari may have been forced to release these images due to the picture of the front of the car leaking? They don't exactly give away much more, a shadow filled picture of the front (whih we already saw) and another one of the back with a few words in the top corner of the page. Not exactly an introduction of the car but I feel that if the picture is out there already then Ferrari would rather have us look at a clear picture in their publication as opposed to a grainy, camera phone picture that's doing the rounds on the internet.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:45 AM
F1 Rookie
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peloton25 View Post
If you can't see P4/5 cues in some of this you are in need of a vision check. The teardrop engine cover is the most obvious at this point but I think there will be more similarities when we see the whole thing. Jim should be proud - the Enzo was awkward looking and hopefully its replacement won't be thanks in part to his efforts.

>8^)
ER
Top of the car looks similar to 458 in my eyes. Doesn't have the P4/5 style engine cover that was seen on the early test mule pics.

Other than that, two round taillights (not first seen on the P4/5 as some here believe) and a Ferrari logo on the rear.

Every time Ferrari releases press pictures of a new car, whether it's the 458, F12 or FF, we see several posts to the effect of "I see a lot of P4/5 in this design" and "Hey, Jim, are Ferrari paying you for letting them use your design". Spare me.

Last edited by modena; 12-14-2012 at 06:25 AM.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:59 AM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Tom Wiggers
Quote:
Does anyone else think Ferrari may have been forced to release these images due to the picture of the front of the car leaking? They don't exactly give away much more, a shadow filled picture of the front (whih we already saw) and another one of the back with a few words in the top corner of the page. Not exactly an introduction of the car but I feel that if the picture is out there already then Ferrari would rather have us look at a clear picture in their publication as opposed to a grainy, camera phone picture that's doing the rounds on the internet.
The dealer who leaked the photo already has a big problem.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:59 AM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Full Name: davide
Quote:

>8^)
ER
+1vision check, nothing of 4/5 for me...
Old 12-14-2012, 06:02 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Rodolfo Di Pietro
Quote:
Top of the car looks similar to 458 in my eyes. Doesn't have the P4/5 style engine cover that was seen on the early test mule pics.

Other than that, two round taillights (not first seen on the P4/5 as some here to believe) and a Ferrari logo on the rear.
Absolutely agree. What's more, the mule engine cover's only resemblance to P4/5 was because it had black tape all over in P4/5 vents fashion

Better wait and see anyway
Old 12-14-2012, 06:04 AM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Full Name: davide
Quote:
Turns out it looks nothing like it
+1
Old 12-14-2012, 06:07 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Quote:

Other than that, two round taillights (not first seen on the P4/5 as some here to believe) and a Ferrari logo on the rear.

Every time Ferrari releases press pictures of a new car, whether it's the 458, F12 or FF, we see several posts to the effect of "I see a lot of P4/5 in this design" and "Hey, Jim, are Ferrari paying you for letting them use your design". Spare me.
Clearly there are lots of different sources of design inspiration in this car, from a variety of sources - and not all of them Ferrari. Nothing wrong with that. My comment re P4/5 was totally instinctive. Upon seeing the rear end picture, P4/5 immediately sprang to mind. It is my honest opinion. Others will see different. When we see the full picture and not just a partial shot, opinions will no doubt change again!

As for sparing you - might I suggest the opposite. We don't need this thread taken off track by descending into the reasons for P4/5 commentary. This is the F70 thread.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 12-14-2012, 06:28 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Ryan
Hilarious how some people are already saying how disappointed they are with the car when they can see so little of it..After giving your fine and justified critiques on pictures that show very little detail, maybe you guys can participate in a little bench racing later....
Old 12-14-2012, 06:37 AM
Three Time F1 World Champ
Honorary

Full Name: Jim Glickenhaus
I like the rear fenders a lot. The crease which breaks the two curves.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg conceptcar.ee-ferrari-p4-5-concept-pininfarina-2006-08.jpg (60.4 KB, 472 views)
File Type: jpg F150.jpg (27.3 KB, 466 views)
Old 12-14-2012, 06:39 AM
F1 Rookie
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by subirg View Post
Clearly there are lots of different sources of design inspiration in this car, from a variety of sources - and not all of them Ferrari. Nothing wrong with that. My comment re P4/5 was totally instinctive. Upon seeing the rear end picture, P4/5 immediately sprang to mind. It is my honest opinion. Others will see different. When we see the full picture and not just a partial shot, opinions will no doubt change again!

As for sparing you - might I suggest the opposite. We don't need this thread taken off track by descending into the reasons for P4/5 commentary. This is the F70 thread.
The P4/5 comparisons are inevitable, as they are in every thread regarding a new Ferrari model. When the F12 press pictures were released people here were saying the rear the rear was a rip off of Jim's design. Imho the people that come out with these things are somewhat delusional, everyone's an expert on automobile design all of a sudden.

It's like clockwork around here. We got one new picture of the F70, you just happened to be the first one to bite
Quote:
We just have to wait for some official pictures and then we'll hear all about how Ferrari ripped off Jims P4/5
http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showpos...postcount=3337
Old 12-14-2012, 07:09 AM
F1 Rookie
Not Subscribed

Now they even donīt leave any space for the rear license plate.

Looks good though.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:14 AM
Four Time F1 World Champ
Not Subscribed

Quote:

>8^)
ER
Well come on guys. If you can't see the original P4 influence in Jim's p4/5 then you are truly blind. Lets give the original credit were it is due.

Personally i think there's not enough here to evaluate yet. Criticisms can be easily misplaced.

However, I would say that so far this car looks a lot cleaner and less "fussy" than its Mac counterpart.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:29 AM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

I'm very excited about this.

It looks stunning.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:29 AM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
The teardrop engine cover is the most obvious at this point but I think there will be more similarities when we see the whole thing.
Teardrop engine cover leading to a vertical center post and low deck lid is much more reminiscent of the Maserati Birdcage 75, also by Castriota.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:39 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Quote:
The P4/5 comparisons are inevitable, as they are in every thread regarding a new Ferrari model. When the F12 press pictures were released people here were saying the rear the rear was a rip off of Jim's design. Imho the people that come out with these things are somewhat delusional, everyone's an expert on automobile design all of a sudden.

It's like clockwork around here. We got one new picture of the F70, you just happened to be the first one to bite

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showpos...postcount=3337
At the end of the day, the inspiration is less important than the end result. Personally, I don't care if it was inspired by Mickey Mouse. If it looks phenomenal we will all be happy! P4/5 looks phenomenal, the vast majority of folk would agree. If F70 is held in such high regard, that's a good thing. The teasers encourage us to believe that it stands a very good chance of delivering.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 12-14-2012, 07:42 AM
Rookie
Non Subscribed

Full Name: Gerhard Schlee
Front headlights look very lamborghini-esque...
Old 12-14-2012, 07:42 AM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolis View Post
I like the rear fenders a lot. The crease which breaks the two curves.
I like 'em too.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:43 AM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Jim Gress
Absolutely P4/5 influence from the rear there's no denying it. INHO there is no way Ferrari allows Mclaren to blow them out of the water especially in the segment. To pass final judgement on looks and performance way more info is needed. As far as needing an elephant on its roof to compete Ferrari had been a pioneer in under body aero for years and many, many things could be done under the car and actively to produce 100's of pounds of downforce. Ferrari has a clear target in their sights for downforce, power, and track times. I for one can't wait to see the final product. With a lot of hard work and purchasing 20 more Ferrari's over next 20 years and maybe just maybe I'll be invited to buy the F110.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:50 AM
Four Time F1 World Champ
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingegnere View Post
Teardrop engine cover leading to a vertical center post and low deck lid is much more reminiscent of the Maserati Birdcage 75, also by Castriota.
The birdcage seems to have influence but its too early to tell.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (32.9 KB, 412 views)